Record Attendance to the General Meeting of Shareholders
Novalait, gathered on November 6, more than sixty participants at its General Meeting of Shareholders. Farmers, processors, partners and researchers were able to appreciate the achievements of Novalait. During the 2016-17 fiscal year, Novalait evaluated more project proposals and increased feedback to research teams. Wide consultation on dairy research expertise in Quebec also marked the exercise.
Mr. Réal Gauthier, outgoing President, made a positive assessment of 2016-2017 and told the audience: “Novalait is a hothouse of solutions that enable the best innovations on the farm and at the plant using the creativity of our researchers. “
All members of Novalait’s Board of Directors have been re-elected for a new two-year term. Mr. Charles Langlois, CEO of the Conseil des industriels laitiers du Quebec, took over the presidency of Novalait. Mr. Simon Robert of Agropur Cooperative holds the position of Vice-President. Participants also attended stimulating presentations and exchanged with researchers and students on projects and spin-offs at the General Meeting of shareholders.
- $1, 549 293 $ invested in R&D from Novalait and its partners;
- $ 45.7 M invested in R&D at the benefit of the dairy industry with $10M from Novalait since 1995;
- 3 Industrial Research Chairs and 14 on-going projects;
- New projects on the antimicrobial activoities of lactic acid bacteria, recycled manure litter and milk analysis to predict cow health status;
- 300 subscribers to the Lait’Xpress newsletter : subscribe!
Watch the full program of the Techno Forum Techno 2018 soon!