Christiane GirardAgr., M. Sc., Ph. D. CRDBLP, Agriculture and Agrifood Canada
– Post-doctoral training to the National Institute for Research in Dairying (NIRD), Shinfield, Reading, Berkshire, England. Supervisor: Dr. J.W. Sissons (digestive physiology): 1984-1985.
– Work transfer at INRA, Clermont-Ferrand-Theix, France (Digestive physiology– Dr Didier Rémond): 1993-1994.
– Editor in Chief of Canadian Journal of Animal Science : 2011-2013
– Member of the Editorial Board of a new international magazine in animal sciences (Animal Frontiers), a joint venture of American Society of Animal Science (ASAS), European Association of Animal Production (EAAP) and Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) since December 2010, Chair of the board from 2014 to 2016 and editor of the annual Canadian issue from 2011 to 2016.
– Defining B-vitamin requirements of high producing dairy cows to optimize their well-being and metabolic efficiency; currently focusing on the metabolic interactions between folic acid and vitamin B12 and energy and protein metabolism
– Defining dietary conditions affecting ruminal synthesis and supply of B-vitamins to dairy cows.
– Describe the effects of dairy cow nutrition on milk nutritional quality, especially milk concentrations of vitamin B12