Fatty acid supplements for cows and impact on milk
• Dietary supplements containing saturated fatty acids have been marketed in particular to support the high milk needs of cows.Learn more
Vitamins post-calving: a way to increase cow fertility?
- One of the major problems in dairy production is related to the fact that cows have lower fertility in the two to three months...
Is More Digestible Alfalfa Profitable?
- The general objective of the project is to evaluate the benefits of using more digestible alfalfa for Quebec dairy farms....
Prevention of Ruminal Acidosis in Cows
- Changes in milk production per cow over the last decades is partly due to an increase of feed concentrates in rations, but thi...
Alternatives to Timothy in Fodder
- Due to climate change, fodder production in the province of Quebec must be adapted.
- Timothy grass is a plant that gro...
Impact of Diet Minerals on Milk Fat
- Research has shown that the synthesis of fat content in milk fat from cows at the beginning of lactation receiving a ration ri...
Synthesis of B Vitamins in Cows
- The Vitamin B needs of dairy cattle are not always met through the synthesis of vitamins by bacteria in the rumen.